This program is designed to enhance professional competence of teachers in religious studies education. It also targets clergy engaged in the education sector as chaplain, education secretaries and pastoral care providers to youth. The programme prepares students for positions in primary schools, secondary schools, teachers colleges, universities, religious ministries specializing in education issues and provide entry into doctoral programmes.
The main catchment for MA religious studies are primary, Secondary and college teachers who hold a Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields and wish to specialize in Religious Education as a teaching subject.
Objectives of programme
- Help learners to raise the quality of spiritual awareness and experience.
- Raise the moral consciousness of the learners and worshippers
- Facilitate constructive discussion about, and responses to current pastoral and moral challenges in society.
- Formulate and implement programs for inter-religious dialogue.
- Formulate and implement programs for practical ecumenism.
- Formulate and implement programs for realization of the spiritual aspects of Vision 2030.
- Christian Religious Education
- African Traditional Religion
- Islamic Studies
Mode of Study
Distance Learning (Meru & Nairobi Campuses)
Duration of Study
Full-time student expected to complete the programme in two years. Distance Learning Mode (DLM) students are expected to complete in 2-3 years.
- Bachelors degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 2nd class honors upper division or equivalent qualification