About the Programme
The course is intended to prepare students for entry into relevant department programs, by ensuring that they possess the necessary knowledge, values, skills and competencies to pursue further career.
The course is designed around principles of experiential learning. As the students study different topics, they will be connecting theory with personal experience through discussion, case analysis and reflection. The program focuses more on reasoning, understanding and application rather than on memory and mere acquisition of knowledge.
At the end of this program, the candidates will acquire knowledge, skills and attitude to that enables them to:
- Understand the theory and practice of the specific functions and applications of business administration within an organization.
- Understand how to improve these specific functional management competences.
- Assume higher levels of responsibility as a result of newly acquired/improved knowledge and skills.
- The programme is also targeted those wishing to pursue a career in business administration.
The minimum academic entry requirements for this diploma program is grade C plain, or C- with a Diploma from recognized institutions, or equivalent qualifications. All applications are considered individually. Applicants with other formal prior qualifications may be accepted onto the program if these are approved by the University Senate.
Modes of Study Available
- Full Time
- Part Time
- Distant Learning Mode
To be considered for graduation, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Complete the minimum graduation requirement.
- Complete all the core courses
- Repeat and pass all failed (E grades) courses
- Have the minimum of 72 credit hours at the end of the Diploma Program
- Obtain a pass or higher at the end of the program
- Have no pending disciplinary case(s)
- Has been cleared by the senate
A candidate who is preparing to graduate should give notice of intention by applying to the Registrar through the program department and faculty. This notice should be given at the time of registration for the intended final semester of study.
Duration of Study
The program takes two academic years (equivalent) to complete. To successfully complete the course the student will be required to cover a minimum of 72 credit hours, which is equivalent to 24 course units. Once admitted, students will be required to take a maximum of 6 courses per trimester, and a minimum of 2.
The Diploma program prepares graduates for careers such as;
- Commercial and retail banking
- Accountancy and financial management
- Human resource management
- Academia and many more
- Business Management
- Human Resource management
- Sales & Marketing
- Procurement& supply chain Management
- Project management
- Public Relations Management
- Economic Crime Management
- Information Technology