About the Programme
Diploma in Medical Education is designed to mentor staff and students to provide profession community service, facilitation of community empowerment, and promotion of fairness and natural justice and maintenance of good neighborliness with the community. It also helps to sustain quality assurance and standards for need based and demand driven academic programme to regard and respect for human rights.
The programme is offered under the school of Medicine and Health Sciences and is guided by Philosophical foundation in design and delivery of academics programmes.
Objectives of the programme
This programme is dedicated to instill good principles of leadership that catalysespolicy development and good corporate governance. It aims include:
- Plan, design and implement medical education curricula
- Plan, organize and implement teaching and learning experiences for students
- Design and implement teaching and learning experiences for students.
- Plan and develop health learning materials
- Participate in the development of training policies for HRH capacity building
- Participate in the development of strategic policies for HRH training.
Minimum Admission Requirements
For admission into DIME, a candidate must satisfy any of the following minimum requirements.
- Be a holder of a diploma in a health related discipline recognized by the University.
- Be a holder of a degree in health related discipline recognized by the University
Please note: possession of the minimum requirements does not guarantee automatic admissions to degree or diploma in medical Education.
Duration of the Study
The Diploma in Medical Education is a twelve months(12) programme with thirty nine(39) credit hours, which are distributed within three(3) Trimester. The minimum period of study for a full time is one(1) year while a maximum period for a part time student is two(2)
A Full-time Students(defined as taking the full work load for the trimester in the duration of the programme) is expected to complete the course work and research project of the programme within a period of 12 months in a trimester systems.
A full load is the total number of credit hours required for the programme as shown in the curriculum’s part time student (defined as taking less that the full load for the trimester in the duration of the programme) is expected to complete the coursework and the research project of the programme within a period of 24 months or six(6) credit hour per trimester.