KeMU recognizes Information and Communication Technology (ICT) as a key driver of its operations and development. ICT has been mainstreamed into KeMU’s Strategic Plan 2013-2017 vide Goal 3, which focuses on the enhancement of Infrastructure and Physical facilities by implementing a robust ICT infrastructure.
The main role of ICT is to support teaching, learning, research and University management by use of modern technology. The department manages all ICT infrastructure and systems to ensure that they are in good working condition, secure and are available for use by all stakeholders.
The department is organized into working Units as below
- Systems Administration
- Network Administration
- Software development/programmers/website management
- User Support
- Helpdesk management
- Computer lab management
Below are some of the ICT facilities and resources available in the University
- A fully structured data center in Nairobi campus and a disaster recovery center at the Main campus equipped with the latest HP Blade Servers; Connectivity Switches, backup and Storage facilities.
- Fiber Link backbone in the entire University
- Dedicated 24hr Internet service
- Computer Labs
- A Wide Area Network
- Electronic Mail Service
- CCTV equipment
- Interactive Smart boards
- IP Telephony Equipment
- Video Conferencing facility
- Management Information systems-Students management system, Library management system, Online students portals, ELearning Portal
- Bulk SMS system
- University Website
- Access Control systems etc.
- Network, Communications, Infrastructure and Security (NCIS)
- Multi-Media Technology Services (MMTS)
- Technology Integration (TI)
- Administrative Information systems (AIS)
- Technology Support Services (TSS)
- Web Support Services (WSS)
Contact Info: 020 211 823/4/5
KeMU Ext. 8264
KeMU Ext : 3333