The Department of Business Administration is well structured with a strong foundation built on a distinctive integrated curriculum. It aims at equipping the students with professional and academic expertise, sharpened leadership traits and high quality efficient content in the diverse business administration programme.
The graduates have the opportunity to connect with business industries in the marketplace, and will develop competencies sought for in this rapidly changing economy.
To be a world class university that is responsible for a new generation of
transformational leaders and business experts in the global business domain.
Our department’s mission is to be a defining element in the positive growth of the society. This is by educating and training the students to be business professionals who are ethically grounded, and contribute to the development of society.
We aim at producing effective and efficient business administrators. These are graduates who are able and willing to navigate the complexities that exist in their career related sectors, both nationally and internationally.
After successful completion in the programmes offered in this department, graduates can venture into the broad business sector.
Here are some of the tasks the graduates can tackle;
- Managing general activities that are concerned with an organization’s products and services offered.
- Oversee the financial and budgetary activities of a company.
- Create innovative technologies to assist in the workplace.
- Handle some organizational goals, policies and procedures.
- Identify gaps in the business patterns and come up with solutions.
- Graduates can venture into entrepreneurship.
The following are some job titles the graduates can acquire in their field of careers.
- Chief Operating Officer
- Public Administrator
- General and Operations Manager
- Budget Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Procurement Specialist
- Sales representative
- Logistics manager
- Chief Financial Officer
... and others
School of Business and Economics