About the School
The School of Business and Economics is the dynamic and the biggest arm of KeMU, with a network of departments in all the five campuses of Nairobi, Mombasa, Meru Main, Nakuru and Nyeri, and other affiliated centers such as Kisii, Marimati, Meru Town and Maua. The School of Business and Economics has three departments based in Nairobi Campus- Department of Business Administration, Department of Accounting Finance and Investment and Department of Hospitality and Tourism
A fourth department on research is in the process of being set up initially in Nairobi and eventually in all the other campuses and teaching centers. The research center’s main mandate is to conceptualise consultancy, respond to call for expression of interest from institutions and carry out research and other projects.
The programmes offered are:
- Diplomas in human resource management, project management, procurement and supply chain management, public relations, Business management and Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism;
Under graduate level:
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) with specialisations in Accounting, Accounting and Finance, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Human resource management, Marketing and Procurement and Supply Chain management;
- Masters in Science (MSc) in Finance and Investment and Masters in Business Administration (MBA) with specialisations in Finance, Entrepreneurship, Human Resources, Strategic Management and Marketing,
- All the programmes are offered in all the five campuses except PhD programme which is currently being offered in three campuses, Nairobi, Meru and Mombasa
- Short courses are also regularly organised for managers at different levels on issues of leadership and strategy formulation and implementation to transform their management skills and consequently their businesses.
Our admissions are done every trimester and are decentralized in each campus. Prospective students are those from high school with meeting the minimum degree requirement, we give credit transfers to equivalent units done at Diploma level, CPS and CPA
The School is headed by a Dean who is a PhD holder with several years in teaching and research supported by a team of ten (10) other PhD holders including one Professor of Economics. They are in turn supported by a team of sixty three (63) lecturers who are all enrolled in PhD programmes in different Universities within the country
The School collaborates with the industry in placing each and every student for practicum before graduation. The corporations play a crucial role in helping the students develop academically professionally and personally. They also help students connect with the real business world and acquire the skills essential for future success. Some of the students end up being employed in such corporations.
Why you should pursue our programmes
- Employment: Our graduates are recruited by international, regional, national, and county firms, industry and government agencies.
- Quality: the School’s focus on maintaining highly-qualified faculty and high standards in student learning, research and development
- Networking: The department provides opportunities for interaction with the industry, members of various professional bodies, faculty, and students.
- Professional growth: we work to build competence in technical knowledge and important skills such as communication, critical thinking, analytical, interpersonal, and technological skills.
- Sponsorship: KeMU offers competitive academic scholarships to assist students desiring to enter the program.
Departments & Programmes Offered:
- Department of Accounting, Finance & Investment
- Department of Business Administration & Economics
- Department of Hospitality and Tourism